Ducks, Geese, Swans
- Dendrocygna (Whistling Ducks)
- Thalassornis leuconotus (White-backed Duck)
- Cereopsis novaehollandiae (Cape Barren Goose)
- Anser (Greylag Goose and relatives)
- Chen (Snow Goose and relatives)
- Branta (Canada Goose and relatives)
- Coscoroba coscoroba (Coscoroba Swan)
- Cygnus (Mute Swan, Trumpeter Swan, and relatives)
- Stictonetta naevosa (Freckled Duck)
- Hymenolaimus malacorhynchos (Blue Duck)
- Tachyeres (Steamer Ducks)
- Merganetta armata (Torrent Duck)
- Plectropterus gambensis (Spur-winged Goose)
- Sarkidiornis (Comb Duck and Knob-billed Duck)
- Cyanochen cyanoptera (Blue-winged Goose)
- Alopochen aegyptiaca (Egyptian Goose)
- Neochen jubata (Orinoco Goose)
- Chloephaga (Andean Goose and relatives)
- Tadorna (Shelducks)
- Malacorhynchus membranaceus (Pink-eared Duck)
- Salvadorina waigiuensis (Salvadori's Teal)
- Cairina moschata (Muscovy Duck)
- Asarcornis scutulata (White-winged Duck)
- Pteronetta hartlaubii (Hartlaub's Duck)
- Aix (Wood Duck and Mandarin Duck)
- Chenonetta jubata (Maned Duck)
- Nettapus (Pygmy Geese)
- Amazonetta brasiliensis (Brazilian Teal)
- Callonetta leucophrys (Ringed Teal)
- Lophonetta specularioides (Crested Duck)
- Speculanas specularis (Bronze-winged Duck)
- Anas (Teals, Wigeons, Shovelers, Pintails, Mallard, and relatives)
- Marmaronetta angustirostris (Marbled Duck)
- Netta (Red-crested Pochard and relatives)
- Aythya (Scaups, Canvasback and relatives)
- Polysticta stelleri (Steller's Eider)
- Somateria (Spectacled Eider, King Eider, and Common Eider)
- Histrionicus histrionicus (Harlequin Duck)
- Melanitta (Scoters)
- Clangula hyemalis (Long-tailed Duck)
- Bucephala (Bufflehead and Goldeneyes)
- Mergellus albellus (Smew)
- Lophodytes cucullatus (Hooded Merganser)
- Mergus (Common Merganser and relatives)
- Heteronetta atricapilla (Black-headed Duck)
- Nomonyx dominicus (Masked Duck)
- Oxyura (Stiff-tailed Ducks)
- Biziura lobata (Musk Duck)
Gill, F. and M. Wright. 2006. Birds of the World: Recommended English Names. Princeton NJ: Princeton University Press.
Johnson, K. P. and M. D. Sorenson. 1999. Phylogeny and biogeography of dabbling ducks (genus Anas): a comparison of molecular and morphological evidence. Auk 116(3):792–805.
Kear, J., ed. 2005. Ducks, Geese and Swans. Bird Families of the World XVI. Oxford University Press, New York.
Livezey, B. C. 1995. Phylogeny and evolutionary ecology of modern seaducks (Anatidae: Mergini). Condor 97:233-255.
Livezey, B. C. 1996. A phylogenetic analysis of geese and swans (Anseriformes: Anserinae), including selected fossil species. Syst. Biol. 45:415-450.
Madge, S. and H. Burn. 1988. Waterfowl: An Identification Guide to the Ducks, Geese, and Swans of the World. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Madsen, J., T. Fox and J. Cracknell, eds. 1999. Goose Populations of the Western Palearctic. A review of Status and Distribution. Wetlands International Publication No. 48. Wetlands International, Wageningen, National Environmental Research Institute, Ronde.
Scott, P. and M. Ogilvie. 1998. Collins Illustrated Checklist: Wildfowl of the World. Harper-Collins.
Soothill, E. and P. Whitehead. 1996. Wildfowl: A World Guide. London: Blandford.
About This Page
Page copyright © 2007
Page: Tree of Life Anatidae. Ducks, Geese, Swans. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 07 March 2007
- Content changed 07 March 2007
Citing this page:
Tree of Life Web Project. 2007. Anatidae. Ducks, Geese, Swans. Version 07 March 2007 (temporary). http://tolweb.org/Anatidae/26293/2007.03.07 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/