Cryptomonas ovataKerstin Hoef-Emden
- Morphology: Large flattened cells without pyrenoids, straight furrow opens drop-like at its end, large furrow-gullet ejectosomes
- Cell size: 35-41 x 18-20 x 13-17µm
- Only cryptomorphs known (IPC made of polygonal plates)
Additional Diagnostic Characters
Slide CRYP.E.005 maintained at the Culture Collection of Algae at the University of Cologne (CCAC)
CCAC 0064 deposited at the CCAC
Available DNA Sequences of Epitype Strain
- nuclear ITS2 and partial LSU rDNA: AJ566153
- nuclear SSU rDNA: AM051193
- nucleomorph SSU rDNA: AJ566178
- plastid rbcL: AM051210
Other C. ovata strains
M0848, M1097, M1098, M1171 (ASW without number), NIES 274
This page is being developed as part of the Tree of Life Web Project Protist Diversity Workshop, co-sponsored by the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research (CIFAR) program in Integrated Microbial Biodiversity and the Tula Foundation.
Universität zu Köln, Köln, Germany
Correspondence regarding this page should be directed to Kerstin Hoef-Emden at
Page copyright © 2010 Kerstin Hoef-Emden
Page: Tree of Life Cryptomonas ovata Authored by . Kerstin Hoef-Emden. The TEXT of this page is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial License - Version 3.0. Note that images and other media featured on this page are each governed by their own license, and they may or may not be available for reuse. Click on an image or a media link to access the media data window, which provides the relevant licensing information. For the general terms and conditions of ToL material reuse and redistribution, please see the Tree of Life Copyright Policies.
- First online 14 September 2008
- Content changed 14 September 2008
Citing this page:
Hoef-Emden, Kerstin. 2008. Cryptomonas ovata http://tolweb.org/Cryptomonas_ovata/97228/2008.09.14 in The Tree of Life Web Project, http://tolweb.org/. Version 14 September 2008 (under construction).